Monthly Wrap-Up, May 20185 min read
After starting this new series of posts last month with, I am back for a new episode! Quick yet so slow, quite full but a bit empty, here is what I’ve been up to in May 2018 !
If last month was quite complicated for me as I write in my January to April Monthly Wrap-Up, going through demotivation and feelings of emptiness, I have to say that this month was worlds apart! Inspired, motivated and organized, I definitely feel like I kicked May’s ass!
May in a Nutshell 🐚
As quick as it was, I really enjoyed the month of May. Not only did amazing things happened to me in almost every areas of my life but, it is also the month I found my motivation back ! I could not explain to you where it came from, I just know that it came and, for as far as I’m writing this post, it still lasts. Here are a few amazing things I did this month :
- I went to the rooftop of the Montparnasse Tower in Paris (amazing view, I’m definitely going back!)
- I started eating well again and saving money (by eating less — almost none —junk food),
- I had a tasty brunch at my house with friends,
- Went to the concert of an artist from my home island I like with my family,
- Started supporting Sidaction (a french non-profit developing AIDS programs around the world) with a monthly donation,
- Finally booked my plane for this summer,
- I got inspired and started acting (researching and organizing) on some projects…
… and many other things ! I really enjoyed going through this month and I hope the next one will be even better.
My favorites of the month 🌟
Here are all the pieces of content, whether books, movies, songs or articles I would suggest you this month :
Let’s talk about books 📚
Sadly, in May I was in a bit of a reading slump so I didn’t get that much reading done. I spent most of the month on a single book that … wasn’t even that long. Anyway, I hope next month will be better on that particular area!
As a result, this month, I only managed to read History is All You Me by Adam Silvera but I made progress is several other books I’m planning on finishing this week.
You can see all of the books I read and recommend on my Goodreads profile.
What about music? 🎶
If the complete playlist is way too long for me to share everything, here are some of the vibes I enjoyed listening to this month :
- Shawn Mendes (album) by Shawn Mendes
- Que Sera by Wax Tailor
- Ready Player One (Original Movie Soundtrack) by Alan Silvestri
Plus, as usual, some very mainstream songs that I have listened to on repeat :
Strongest by Ina Wroldsen
Done for me by Charlie Puth (ft. Khelani)
If you want some other recommendations, here is my playlist for May 2018 🎶.
Movie Time 🎞
In addition to going back to watch Black Panther (read my review) and Avengers: Infinity War, this month, I watched :
If you are interested, I actually published a review of Deadpool 2 on the blog.
Here’s one of my anticipated movie releases of June ! I am so gonna be sitting in the theaters on June 6th, day of release (in France) of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. You can already expect a review from me 😉
Next month, I am also particularly expecting these movies :
Articles i published this month 👨🏾💻
As opposed to last month, this month I’ve been pretty effective on the blog and published no less than 6 posts (if you count this one) ! Apart from my usual movie reviews, I tried new formats and topics for you. Hope you liked it!
- Monthly Wrap-Up, January to April 2018
- Ready Player One: an escape from reality?
- 5 reasons to watch Peaky Blinders
- How to organize your blog life 📝
- Deadpool 2: is it as good as the first?
My blogging goal for next month is to keep the posting steady with two posts each week (on Monday and Thursday). I would love for you to tell me which are your favorite topics 😉
Some intriguing Ideas 💡
I’m back at being an active reader on Medium.com ! Medium, just like TED, is one of my favorite websites out there. I get to read very interesting and inspiring articles that end up improving my productivity and way of seeing the world. Here are some interesting pieces of content I connected with this month:
- Revisiting the Habits of Highly Effective People by Melody Wilding on Medium
- Lessons from My Math Degree That Have Nothing to Do with Math by Alex Korchinski on Medium
- Why we should quit Social Media by Cal Newport on TED
- The Secret Life of a Highly Sensitive Person by Melody Wilding on Medium
- Discovering Your Other Self by Mitch Horowitz on Medium
I have a lot of others just as much interesting, but I think it will be enough for today haha. If you don’t know Medium or TED yet, I highly suggest you to give them a try. Those are two platforms I would love to publish content on one day!
Let’s share the love 💛
- Advice from a writer: Career vs Leisure by Emilie on A Quintillion Words blog. I absolutely loved this post! I absolutely loved this post that made me realize that I need to continue believing in my capacity to write and my writing dreams! Definitely worth a read!
What about you?
How did May treat you? What is one thing you read / watched / listened to and loved this month?