March 2020, Monthly Wrap-Up4 min read
Wherever you are, I hope you have been okay and safe this month, especially given the current situation. Although I’m not sure there is much to say about 15 (and still going) days in isolation, I believe that it is important to keep track of our accomplishments, however small every month, so that we can keep going stronger and stronger. So, without further ado, here’s what I’ve been up to in March 2020!
Social-Distancing and the whole COVID-19 situation
To be honest, from the beginning to this point, the whole situation has been confusing. One minute I was in class and the one after I was told to stay home for a minimum of 15 days, with no news about my upcoming exams or of what to expect from now on. And, I get it. Everyone is confused by the situation, starting with the politicians, and the people “in charge”. Yet, I can’t help to wonder what will happen next?
As I’m writing this post, I’m still in “social distancing”, staying at home as not to get infect or risk infecting other people. As an introvert, I’m rather alright with that, and it actually gives me the opportunity to really focus on my health and make progress on important projects of mine. It just feels weird to not really being able to go out, see people, workout or.. well, go to school.
What I learned in March 2020
Well, as expected in my last Monthly Wrap-Up, March 2020 was quite a nice month on the learning front. Alright I didn’t have class for most of it, but it actually gave me time to catch up with my readings, my coding tutorials, and pretty much everything else, and it just feels amazing.
In March 2020, I’ve loved reading these books :
This month, I also continued following my coding tutorial : “The Complete React Developer Course (w/ Hooks and Redux)”. I made quite a lot of progress and I’m planning to finish it soon.
What I’ve created in March 2020
In March 2020, I’ve made peace with my creativity and my organization, and been more active overall. Here’s what I published/sent this month:
- [Newsletter] : Renewal #17: What can you do right now?
- [Article] : Why you should (and how to) make learning a priority in 2020
- [Newsletter] : Renewal #18 • Be the hero
- [Article] : You can’t always plan everything
- [Newsletter] : Renewal #19 • Accepting change
- [Article] : To-Do Lists: 5 apps to stay organized as a student
- And two upcoming posts that will be published tomorrow!
For those interested in web development, I have also started being a little bit more active on GitHub again. You can see my repos here.
Oh and one more thing, I might have another little creative project that I would like to launch soon. If it comes to reality, I’ll keep you updated very soon!
Share the love, here’s what I 💛’d in March 2020
Here are some contents around the web that I absolutely discovering reading this month:
- [Article] : How to Make Yourself Into a Learning Machine. One of my favorite post from the Superorganizer’s newsletter. Worth a read!
- [Article] : “10 Good (and bad) reading habits I have“ on my friend’s blog, Drizzle And Hurricane Books. I loved it because it made me think of all the little good and bad habits I have myself 😅
- [Article] : “Screw motivation, what you need is discipline.” on Wisdomination’s blog. It’s a bit tough to read, but it’s true.
- [Article]: “How to Learn Anything with the Feynman Technique”, A fascinating read, probably my favorite of the month on the Ambition & Balance by Doist blog.
Here, that’s about it for me this month. But now, what about you? What have been your highlights of the month? And do you already have plans for next month?